Maybe these politicians aren’t doing the math, but we are. More cost = less access.
Hello!! I’m in need of a HUGE signal boost right now (and maybe a big reporting session) because my best friend is being blackmailed by her ex boyfriend.
I’m not exactly sure what I’m supposed to put here, but I feel like this should be a warning for anyone who knows him and just a general informative thing. Jacob lives in Australia and is 16 years of age. They’ve had a very unhealthy relationship and he’s threatened sending out her nudes multiple times. Jacob is very manipulative and emotionally abusive towards her and even ends up pulling me and her other friends into not being able to do anything because it’ll end up hurting her. He’s made around 7 Twitter accounts to contact my friend in the times that she was trying to get out of the relationship.
In the picture above, he’s posted her nudes and threatened her.
ALL IM ASKING IS FOR YOU TO REPORT HIM ON EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING:
His Twitter accounts all start with @/neinthousand but the one that was most recently used was: @/neinthousand12 (but it was apparently deleted)
His Facebook account is:Jacob R Hynes, and he has more but I am unable to find them. They’re under Jacob Hynes and the like.
********** UPDATES!!! **********
First, we thought we had a compromise.
Then this happened not even a minute after:
PLEASE CONTINUE REBLOGGING THIS. My friend is only 15 years of age and this is absolutely horrible. We’re getting ahold of local authorities but if you see the pictures anywhere (namely twitter) REPORT THEM IMMEDIATELY.
Put this guy on blast. Detestable scum.
Fucking ruin him.
You cannot permanently delete anything from a computer. I don’t know how it works, but technicians can dig into your computer’s hard drive so deep, they’ll recovered deleted shit. Also, the FBI at least (I know Jacob is in Australia) knows about TOR and Frostwire and can FIND YOU via those methods.
If he uploads those pictures, he will add distribution of child pornography to his list of offenses.
Are we sure Jacob is even a 16-year-old? Either way, I’d report him to Australian authorities.
Can we do that thing where this post is the FIRST thing that shows up when any employers or colleges search his name online? Because this fucker deserves to have his life ruined.
Seriously, though this is kind of a big deal. Know that big problem we have? You know, the one involving a crapload of used plastic hanging around in landfills with nowhere to biodegrade for a couple million years? Well, Jonathan Russell might’ve solved that problem. See, Russell and his fellow Yale students went to Ecuador, where they found a new kind of fungus they’re calling Pestalotiopsis microspora. Big deal, you’re thinking. Anyone can find fungus anywhere! Well, something his fellow students found out after the fact is that this fungus can live on a diet of polyurethane alone — and even crazier, it doesn’t even need air to do so! In other words, we could potentially put it at the bottom of a landfill and cover it with plastic, and it would do the rest of the work. This might be game-changing if it works as advertised. (photo via Flickr user dbutt; EDIT: Updated with link to research abstract) source
THIS IS AMAZINGGGG
I love nature
THE EARTH IS SO AMAZING IT KNOWS THAT WE’RE FUCKING IT UP AND EVEN THEN INSTEAD OF GIVING US AN APOCALYPSE IT GOES AND GIVES US A SOLUTION TO HELP US FIX WHAT WE FUCKED UP BLESS
EVOLUTION IN ACTION, BABY!
That makes 2 organisms now that devour the stuff — the other being a plankton in the Pacific.
EVO FUCKING LUTION
Now leading HuffPost Politics: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) has come out in favor of making poor people prove they’re not on drugs if they want food stamps or unemployment insurance — even if it means a showdown with the federal government.
Another fake problem for Republicans to create an invasive and unnecessary response. There is barely any fraud to justify this action, but leave it Conservatives to ramp up their vindictive kicks while a person is down.
Anonymous said: what are some ways a relationship can be unhealthy without physical abuse? thanks.
- One or both members aren’t able to experience personal growth
- One or both feel as if the life is being sucked out of them
- One member always takes the blame for things going wrong
- The relationship is defined by conflict and frequent arguments
- One member has more power over the other than the other has over themselves
- There is a lot of negativity in the relationship (insults, put-downs, criticism)
- One or both members confuse being in need with being in love (the relationship is contingent on what one person can do for the other)
- One or both members feel worse about themselves, not better
- The focus is on changing one member
- Lack of support
- One member is forced to answer to the other
- Feeling angry or resentful of the other member
- Pressure to abandon children from another relationship
- Ultimatums and threats
- Dictating discussions
- One or both members embarrass the other
- One or both members neglect themself for their partner
- One or both members feel pressure to change who they are for the other person
- One or both members feel worried when they disagree with the other person
- One or both members feel pressured to quit activities they usually/used to enjoy
- One or both members pressure the other into agreeing with them or changing to suit them better
- One or both members are forced to justify their actions to the other (where they go, who they see)
- One member feels obligated or forced to have sex
- Lack of privacy
- One member refuses to use safer sex methods
- Arguments aren’t settled fairly
- Yelling during an argument
- Attempt to control or manipulate each other
- One or both members try to control how the other dresses and criticises behaviours
- One or both members don’t make time to spend with the other
- Have no common friends, or one or both members have a lack of respect for the other’s friends and/or family
- An unequal control of resources (food, money, home, car, etc.)
- Lack of fairness and equality
Looks like Bill Clinton will be out there, urging Dems to get out the vote in the Southern states. He’s right, we’re not used to turning out in the mid-terms and we have to change that. Greg Sargent at the Plum Line:
For the purposes of understanding this midterm election, the most important quote of the weekend by far comes from Bill Clinton, who said this while in Iowa yesterday:
“I’ve studied all the polls and I really believe that we’re still in a zone where they’re all real close and it depends on who decides to show. And our side’s not used to voting in midterms. We gotta get used to it. There’s a lot at stake.”
In that interview, Clinton suggested that this is particularly true of the Senate contests in southern states. Clinton said that Senator Mark Pryor could probably hang on in Arkansas “if we get the turnout.” And speaking about the contest between Dem Michelle Nunn and GOPer David Perdue, Clinton said that African Americans are “under-registered in Georgia” and added that if Dems “increase the number,” victory is possible even in that red state.
|Men's Rights Activists:||THIS IS NOT FAIR. MEN HAVE PROBLEMS TOO.|
|Black Men:||We're constantly demonized by mainstream media and are targets of police brutality.|
|Gay Men:||We face discrimination and hatred and are denied marriage and job security.|
|Trans Men:||We are outcasts and are denied medical care, our lives are constantly under threat and our gender is always under scrutiny and policed by others.|
|Men's Rights Activist:||....|
|Men's Right Activist:||Y-Yeah, but... a Feminist was mean to me...|